Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful the Hunter franchise.
We are now looking for an Experienced Render Programmer to work with our newly launched game Call of the Wild: The Angler in either our Liverpool or Stockholm location.
You will work with writing performance critical code to feed the GPU, and take responsibility for elevating the visual quality of the game to the highest possible level in close collaboration with the art and other tech departments. As is typical of Avalanche’s open world games, you will be instrumental in pushing both the realism and immersiveness of the world. In addition to outstanding technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong communication and collaboration skills. As an experienced developer you are able to work under guidance, somewhat independently and can work towards developing the talents of more junior members of the team.
- A well-developed aesthetic sense
- Extensive background in rendering with experience in shaders and lighting
- Well versed in modern 3D graphics APIs
- Excellent math skills
- Highly fluent in C/C++Excellent CPU/GPU performance analysis and optimization skills
- Strong CPU/GPU debugging skills
- An excellent understanding of the pros and cons that the current console architectures impose on all aspects of the rendering pipeline
- Physics/mathematics/computer science degree
- Experience with PS4, PS5, XBox One or Xbox Series X development for a shipped or upcoming title
- Experience with the certification of console titles
- An understanding of other aspects of game programming, including physics, animation, AI and networking
- Experience with mentoring junior members of the team
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and who can work from the office in Stockholm or Liverpool a few days a week.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.