Systemic Reaction is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of open world games. Since 2019, Systemic Reaction has been devoted to delivering highly immersive gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for Generation Zero, and Second Extinction.
We are now looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to work with an unannounced title.
You will work with writing performance critical code to feed the GPU, and take responsibility for elevating the visual quality of the game to the highest possible level in close collaboration with the art and other tech departments. As is typical of Avalanche’s open world games, you will be instrumental in pushing both the realism and immersiveness of the world. In addition to outstanding technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong communication and collaboration skills. As a senior developer you are able to work independently as well as help develop the talents of more junior members of the team.
- A well-developed aesthetic sense
- Extensive background in rendering with experience in shaders and lighting
- Well versed in modern 3D graphics APIs
- Outstanding math skills
- Highly fluent in C/C++
- Excellent CPU/GPU performance analysis and optimisation skills
- Strong CPU/GPU debugging skills
- An excellent understanding of the pros and cons that the current console architectures impose on all aspects of the rendering pipeline
- Physics/mathematics/computer science degree
- Experience with PS4, PS5, XBox One or Xbox Series X development for a shipped or upcoming title
- Experience with the certification of console titles
- An understanding of other aspects of game programming, including physics, animation, AI and networking
- Experience with mentoring junior members of the team
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm, Malmö, New York or Liverpool office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.