Systemic Reaction is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of open world games. Since 2019, Systemic Reaction has been devoted to delivering highly immersive gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for Generation Zero, and Second Extinction.
We are now looking for a Platform Programmer to work with us in the Stockholm office on Generation Zero.
As a platform programmer on this project you will work in a talented multi-discipline team, and be responsible for developing and maintaining many aspects of the game and core engine technology.
Your work will take you all over our proprietary Apex open world engine. You will work on new system development, maintaining and improving existing systems and workflows, profiling and optimisation, supporting the link between the project and our central Apex technology and more. Making cutting edge, multi-platform, open world games you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different systems including streaming, threading, memory management, platform and middleware abstractions and more.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Jenkins CI/CD workflows
- Experience with Perforce including managing branches
- Experience programming with recent generation PC, Xbox and PlayStation APIs
- Experience with a range of tools and pipelines used in modern game development.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently
- Strong communication skills – must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a team, often with different disciplines.
- Working knowledge of Python
- In-depth knowledge of game engine architectures
- In-depth knowledge of current generation console architectures and future architectural trends
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.