Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause, Mad Max, and Rage 2 - our upcoming title Contraband is a co-op smuggler’s paradise set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan.
Contraband is a brand new IP published by Xbox Game Studios, and we're now looking for a talented Integration Artist with specialization in Hard Surface Art to join our team.
We are interested in hearing from junior to experienced level artists for this position.
As a Freelance Integration Artist at Avalanche Studios you will collaborate in a small, interdisciplinary team to integrate and polish assets from outsourcing into our proprietary engine. The candidate should have a specialization in Hard Surface Art and be comfortable with complicated technical setups and processes. In addition to working with outsource integration and polishing art assets, the candidate should be familiar with the art pipeline and be able to take art assets all the way from conceptual mockups through modeling and texturing. The responsibility split will be roughly 80% Integration and 20% Hard Surface Art.
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills using Autodesk Maya and Substance Painter
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer.
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with physically-based rendering
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving
- A strong portfolio with clearly-documented artistic accomplishments
- Passion for making and playing games
- AAA game development experience
- Experience with Zbrush
- Experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflows