Avalanche Studios Group are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Multiplayer/Network Programmer to work with online technologies for our self-publishing division Systemic Reaction - the same division responsible for Generation Zero and Second Extinction.
At Systemic Reaction, you will work with some of the industry's most exciting technology and talented individuals. This is a great opportunity for the candidate who wants to work on innovative gameplay titles that the studio is developing for current and next gen platforms.
In addition to technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated person with strong communication and collaboration skills.
You will work with implementing, extending and supporting gameplay and our proprietary Apex engine's multiplayer technology. Together with the rest of the multiplayer team, you will:
- Implement gameplay features with a multiplayer perspective
- work on new multiplayer systems, translating and managing Designers visions and expectations
- create tools to assist the team in debugging multiplayer
- optimize the bandwidth usage of the game to maintain a great user experience
We believe the ideal candidate has a strong passion for multiplayer gaming and has at least one year of experience in working on multiplayer features on a shipped PC/Console title. As with most multiplayer development, a keen sense of fun gameplay and that 6th sense for what gives the perfect "feeling" are both key aspects! You will be an important part of the development team, therefore it is crucial that you enjoy collaboration with Designers and other Programmers.
Joining our studio as an employee is a great opportunity to build something truly unique together, you will be given the opportunity to be a part of the development of our games and core technology towards true open world multiplayer. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly.
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficiency in C++ programming
- A strong passion for multiplayer games
- A keen sense of fun gameplay
- Experience with implementing multiplayer in at least one shipped title
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general
- Experience from working with the platform specific services and APIs available for online presence, e.g. PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, PlayFab and Agones, EPIC
- Experience in Python
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.