Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause, Mad Max, and Rage 2 - our upcoming title Contraband is a co-op smuggler’s paradise set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan.
Contraband is a brand new IP published by Xbox Game Studios, and we're now looking for a talented Senior Graphics Programmer to join our team.
Avalanche Studios Group is currently looking for an experienced Senior Graphics Programmer to join our upcoming AAA Project, in the Avalanche Studios division.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer at Avalanche Studios you will work with some of the industry's most talented individuals that are developing our cutting edge, next-generation, open-world graphics engine.
We at Avalanche Studios have a solid reputation for producing great looking open-world games, and this is a terrific opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an essential part developing the next incarnation of the engine that will set the bar for the industry.
You will be designing, developing and enhancing both high level and low level graphics-related systems within the Avalanche Engine. You will be working across the range of the graphics and rendering pipeline, addressing multiple hardware platforms including next-generation consoles, and applying state-of-the-art computer graphics research to code that works under actual AAA gaming conditions.
We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our artists in making our world come to life.
- Research techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Take initiative and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of engine and game production and development.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship.
- 5+ years experience of professional C/C++ programming.
- Prior experience working as a graphics programmer on at least one shipped title on current (or prev)-gen consoles.
- Good knowledge of modern rendering architectures and APIs - DX12, Vulkan.
- Solid background in rendering with experience in HLSL/Cg writing shaders.
- Strong math skills with excellent knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
- Low level profiling and optimization skills, ability to write memory- and cache-friendly code.
- You should be self motivated as well as work well in a group.
- Good English skills (both oral and written).
- You should be passionate about keeping up with the latest graphics technology.
- You should be passionate about playing and creating open-world games.
- CUDA, OpenCL, compute shader experience.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures.
- Experience with developing art & content pipelines / workflows.
- Experience with writing code in Python.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm or New York office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.